The Women’s Center at UMBC advances gender equity from an intersectional feminist perspective through co-curricular programming, support services, and advocacy for marginalized individuals and communities. We prioritize critical social justice as our community value, with a deliberate focus on women, gender, anti-racism, and feminism.
All are welcome as long as they respect women. Their experiences. Their stories. Their potential.
We Believe You. We See You. You Matter.
- We will encourage authentic dialogues among students, faculty, and staff to facilitate consciousness-raising, transformative learning, and self-determination.
- We will embody our commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and social justice in our operation, staffing, and programming.
- We will operate from a holistic and non-hierarchical anti-violence framework.
- We will challenge the barriers that reinforce inequity and oppression impacting our university and broader communities.
- We will cultivate women’s empowerment, involvement, and leadership in all aspects of university life.
Our Leading Priorities
- Advance gender equity and an inclusive campus climate
- Support student success and community well-being for women and marginalized people
- Sustain and strengthen social justice education and engagement
- Cultivate a survivor-responsive campus as a means to address sexual violence