Attend our events
The Women’s Center has a variety of discussion-based programs and other events planned throughout the year. Check out our calendar or our myUMBC events page for updates and details on our upcoming events. You can also sign up for our monthly email for event updates.
Join the Women’s Center Scouts!
If you’re already coming to our events, why not take this relationship up to the next level!? Any UMBC community member can join the Scouts by completing this semester challenge:
- Join our myUMBC page and follow us on one of our social media pages
- Attend 1 discussion-based event
- Attend 1 Awareness Month event in October hosted by the Women’s Center (a Relationship Violence Awareness Month or LGBTQ History Month event)
- Spend time in our lounge (make a friend, study, join in a lively conversation!) – earn your stamp by visiting us twice in one week.
Scouts completing the challenge will receive a Women’s Center t-shirt. Pick up your Fall 2022 stamp card at the Women’s Center.
The Women’s Center will need support from volunteers to help with events, outreach, and staffing the Center from time-to-time. We conduct volunteer training sessions throughout the semester or for specific large events requiring volunteer support (such as Take Back the Night). If you’re interested in volunteering, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, we may not always be able to accommodate volunteer interest.
Become an intern
The Women’s Center offers internships through several departments on campus, including the Honors College, Gender + Women’s Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Psychology. Interns must attend staff training and generally are hired in the late spring for the following full academic year.
Join our staff
The Women’s Center offers paid staff positions through the UMBC Federal Work Study program. If you meet the requirements for work study and wish to join the Women’s Center team, send us an email at email@example.com. Please note, student staff must attend staff training and generally are hired in the late spring for the following academic year. We currently are not hiring.
Apply for the Women’s Center Advisory Board
The Advisory Board is open to students, faculty, and staff at UMBC who are interested in participating in the processes associated with developing and maintaining the Women’s Center. For more information, check out the Advisory Board section on our Who We Are page.
Follow us on social media
Have you considered writing a guest post for our WordPress blogs? Check out the Women’s Center blog and the Critical Social Justice blog to see what others have written, and contact us if you would like to contribute. And don’t forget to follow our other social media pages!
Spread the love!
We also collaborate and/or support the work of some of the following student organizations and campus partners:
- We Believe You
- Women Involved in Learning and Leadership (WILL+)
- Center for Women in Technology (CWIT)
- Gender and Women’s Studies Council of Majors, Minors, and Certificates (GWST COMM)
- Campus Life’s Initiative for Identity, Inclusion, and Belonging (i3b)
- LGBTQ Faculty and Staff Association
- Retriever Courage